Monday, September 26, 2011

Andrée Wallin: A Master Of "Enviros"

Sometimes I wonder if I had put more effort into my art education and went full steam trying to make it in the design industry perhaps I could have been a concept artist. But then again, maybe not. But I'll say this, whether I have the potential or not Andrée Wallin inspires the creativity in me.

His "enviros", as he calls them, are incredible works. He really knows how to make the viewer feel like they are right in the middle of the action or lack there of in some cases. His loose brush strokes and attention to lighting-detail make each of his projects seem like still memories of a vivid dream.

His portfolio is slowing building and getting more and more impressive as it does. He is currently working with Joseph Kosinski, director of Tron: Legacy. He is on a team of concept artists for another futuristic film in the works, Horizons.

Like many artists I have written posts about I have a hard time deciding on which works I'd like to feature. So, with great difficulty I have posted just a few of his pieces below. Of course you can go to his site to see more. The link will be at the bottom.


Swamp Fever













Starship Factory













Dodge












Deep Impact












Archland











Downtown















Check out more at: andreewallin.com

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow....this makes me want to be a cartoon.